P.O.Box: 44812, Office 104 A
Al Fardan Center, Sharjah
United Arab Emirates.
Tel.: +971 6 5566711, 22, 33
Fax: +971 6 5566799
Working Hrs: 8.30am - 7.30pm
| Every month you can find more than 170,000 participants in the United States, working, studying or teaching through the J-1 Visa Program. A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the United States. All applicants must meet eligibility criteria and be sponsored either by a private sector or governement program. The purpose of the J-1 visa program is to provide foreign nationals with opportunities to participate in educational and cultural programs in the United States and return home to share their experiences, and to encourage Americans to participate in educational and cultural programs in other countries. Participants in such programs enter the United States as Exchange Visitors (EV) on J Visa. A DS-2019 form, "Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status" is required to |
1) obtain a J-1 visa at a United States Consulate abroad,
2) to extend stay in the United States,
3) to transfer from another institution to UCLA or
4) to change visa status from another non-immigrant visa, such as B-1 or F-1, to the J status.
Duration of Stay:
J-1 visitors may remain in the United States untl the end of their exchange program, as specified on form DS-2019. Once a J-1 visitor's program ends, he or she may remain in the United States for an additional 30 days, often referred to as a "grace period" in order to prepare for departure from the country. If the visitor leaves the United States during these 30 days, the visitor may not re-enter with the J-1 visa. The minimum and maximum duration of stay are determined by the specific J-1 category under which an exchange visitor is admitted into the United States. As with non-immigrant visa, a J-1 visa holder and his or her dependens are requires to leave the United States at the end of the duration of stay.
Mandatory Home Residence Requirement:
Upon their departure from the United States, many J-1 visa holders are required to complete a mandatory two-year home-country physical presence prior to re-entry into the United States under dual intent visas, such as H1-B. These include those involved in government-funded exchange programs, those who pursued graduate-level education or training and those with specialized knowledge or skills. This mandatory two-year home-country stay can be waived under some conditions (please visit or call our office for details).
Electronic records on J-1 visitors and tehir dependents are maintained in SEVIS by their program sponsor, J-1 visitors must report certain information, such as a change in legal name or a change of address, within 10 days. Failure to report this information is considered a violation of the J-1 visitors immigration status and may result in the termination of his or her exchange program.
Private Sector Program:
- Alien Physician
- Au pair and EduCare
- Camp Counselor (Summer Camp)
- It gives unique opportunity to obtain training/internship hosted by companies in USA.
- Internships are both paid and unpaid depending on the company and type of position.
- Stipend varies from 8-15 USD per hour depending on location and position.
- It is recommended to complete your program with your organization for the whole training/internship period.udent, Secondary School
- Flight Training (J-1 privileges to be terminated effective June 1, 2010)
Government and Academic Programs:
- Government Visitor
- International Visitor
- Professor and Research Scholar
- Short-Term Scholar
- Student, College/University
Rules for Internship/Trainee:
- Age must not be less than 20 years old.
- Upper age limit is 36 years old.
- Good Communication level.
- TOEFL/IELTS/SLEP test to be taken (optional requirement).
2) DS-2019 and visa copy
3) Photocopies of degree certificates and experience certificates
4) Recommendation letters and statement of purpose
5) Financial statement showing at least 1200 USD
6) It is advisable to have open booking of return flight ticket
For Futher Information, please contact:
or email us at: